Bert AudetteChief Information Officer (CIO)
Unity College Chief Information Officer, Bert Audette, is an accomplished information technology leader and skilled manager of human, material, and financial resources. Bert served as Director of Information Technology at Unity College from 2011 until the close of 2015. As Director of IT, Bert led a campus wide Data Governance initiative to streamline, integrate, and automate business practices; established the institution’s first Instructional Technology position; provided systematic upgrades to campus teaching and learning spaces; and established Internet 2 access for Unity College.
A new executive position, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) leads efforts related to information technology, institutional research, reporting and effectiveness, and instructional technology at Unity College. The CIO works with senior leadership to establish strategic direction and leads execution of information technology infrastructure, systems and services, including information management, data governance, institutional research, reporting and effectiveness, and instructional technology efforts. The CIO works with the President and senior leadership to continue to transform Unity College from a college with a strong regional presence to a leading national institution of higher education. The successful CIO will provide the college with grounded creativity through proven strategy, data based decision-making, and innovative thinking. Within the framework of functional leadership, the CIO supports and is supported by other senior level leaders and works with all constituencies to realize the Unity College Mission and Strategic Plan. The CIO reports to the President.
- Leads information technology, institutional research and effectiveness, and administrative operations efforts at Unity College and ensures achievement of institutionally established goals for each.
- Provides support to senior leadership to integrate curricular, co-curricular, and residential components into a transformative and developmentally differentiated living and learning experience through the educational framework of sustainability science.
- Develops and executes integrated administrative and instructional technology, institutional research, and administrative operations plans that advance the institution’s strategic plan and mission, supports attainment of revenue goals, differentiates Unity College, and increases its national exposure.
- Explores and assesses the feasibility of new and emerging technologies to provide a technology rich environment that meets the needs of today’s diverse campus and student population, and provides technologies and information systems that afford strategic advantages to Unity College.
- Develops, implements, and maintains effective policies and practices for all information technologies ensuring access, security, and usage are in accordance with all college policies and applicable laws.
- Manages risk to the institution via logical, virtual, and physical security controls.
- Negotiates systems and component acquisitions, end-user service level agreements, and vendor service level agreements.
- Ensures the continuous delivery of IT services through the oversight of service level agreements with vendors and monitoring of IT systems performance to ensure the continuous functioning of mission critical operations.
- Plans, designs, purchases, implements, maintains and supports (directly or indirectly) all information systems and services; all wired, wireless and voice networks and network services for the Unity College campus and its outlying properties; all classroom audio-visual systems; and all computer systems and devices owned by the institution.
- Manages strategic plan initiatives and goals as assigned.
- Provides informed, effective, and collaborative leadership within a model of functional leadership and shared governance.
- Provides supervision and managerial oversight for information systems, data integrity, and technology areas as assigned.
- Directly supervises departmental managers in related areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the institution’s policies and procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Achieves institutionally assigned goals for functional areas of administration.
- Establishes and maintains departmental plans for each supervisory area including goals, measurable outcomes, assessment plan, budget, timeline, and benchmarks for each.
- Establishes business protocols, standards, and procedures for all supervisory areas and works with Data Governance Committee and other campus groups to ensure best practices.
- Advocates for institutional resources to create and maintain high quality departments and programs and manages the budget for areas of oversight.
- Manages financial, material, and personnel resources in accordance with governance policies and in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
- Continually assesses and strengthens all phases of each functional area to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Works to maintain a campus culture of customer service and advocates for student success.
- Represents the college in formal and informal presentations and through networking as needed in related functions.
- Serves as a member of Senior Staff.
- May serve as staff liaison to a standing committee of the Board of Trustees at the discretion of the President.
- Supports institutional sustainability initiatives and values as a senior member of the college.
- Contributes to the college’s commitment to safety by using safe work habits, using ergonomics and proper lifting and biohazard protocol as appropriate. Assists other leaders in managing workplace safety, regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws.
- Assumes responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and skills.
- Serves as a role model for the college’s standards of conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.