Chief Marketing and Recruitment Officer (CMRO)
A new executive position, the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) leads efforts to open new and secure existing markets at Unity College. The CMO works with senior leadership to establish strategic direction and leads execution of institutional positioning, marketing, and recruitment efforts. The CMO works with the President and senior leadership to continue to transform Unity College from a college with a strong regional presence to a leading national institutional of higher education. The CMO is integral in the identification and development of all new markets and educational enterprises and may have a portfolio of new educational enterprises for direct execution. The successful CMO will provide the college with grounded creativity through proven strategy, data-based decision-making, and industry-disrupting invention. Within the framework of functional leadership, the CMO supports and is supported by other senior level leaders and works with all constituencies to realize the Unity College Mission and Strategic Plan. The CMO reports to the President.
1. Leads positioning, marketing, and recruitment efforts at Unity College and ensures achievement of institutionally established key-performance-indicators and revenue goals for each.
2. Partners with Chiefs of Academic Affairs and Student Success to integrate curricular, co-curricular, and residential components into a transformative and developmentally-differentiated living and learning experience through the educational framework of sustainability science.
3. Works with Senior Staff and the Chief Student Success Officer (CSSO) to prepare and execute a comprehensive enrollment management plan that aligns with the Unity College Strategic Plan and includes a timeline with benchmarks, success metrics, and associated budgets.
4. Develops and executes an integrated positioning, marketing, communication, and recruitment plan that advances the institution’s strategic plan and mission, ensures attainment of enrollment goals, differentiates Unity College, and increases its national exposure.
5. Works with senior leadership to identify entrepreneurial education opportunities and executes development of new initiatives as assigned by the President.
6. Manages strategic plan initiatives and goals as assigned.
7. Ensures achievement of annual institutional revenue targets while managing discount rate within institutionally established thresholds.
8. Achieves institutional recruitment goals for core college programs including academic and co-curricular, residential and remote.
9. Works with distance learning programs to align institutional branding and recruitment with online marketing and recruitment efforts.
10. Provides informed, effective, and collaborative leadership within a model of functional leadership and shared governance.
11. Provides supervision and managerial oversight for marketing and recruitment areas such as marketing, communications, admissions, financial aid, or others as assigned.
12. Directly supervises departmental managers in areas related to marketing and recruitment. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the institution’s policies and procedures, laws, and regulations.
13. Establishes and maintains departmental plans for each supervisory area including goals, measurable outcomes, assessment plan, budget, timeline, and benchmarks for each.
14. Establishes business protocols, standards, and procedures for all supervisory areas and works with Data Governance Committee and other campus groups to ensure best practices.
15. Advocates for institutional resources to create and maintain high quality marketing and recruitment programs, and prepares and manages the budget for areas of oversight.
16. Manages academic financial, material, and personnel resources in accordance with governance policies and in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
17. Continually assesses and strengthens all phases of each functional area to improve processes and efficiencies.
18. Works to maintain a campus culture of customer service and advocates for student success.
19. Represents the college in formal and informal presentations and through networking as needed in marketing and recruitment related functions.
20. Serves as a member of Senior Staff.
21. May serve as staff liaison to a standing committee of the Board of Trustees at the discretion of President.
22. Supports institutional sustainability initiatives and values as a senior member of the college.
16. Contributes to the college’s commitment to safety by using safe work habits, using ergonomics and
proper lifting and biohazard protocol as appropriate. Assists other leaders in managing workplace safety.
17. Assumes responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and skills with regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws.
18. Serves as a role model for the college’s standards of conduct.
19. Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and quality education.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
First among equals for revenue, recruitment, traditional marketing functions, market research and planning, and new market development.