Goal 3 : InfrastructuresDevelop systemic policy-driven human, technological, physical, and financial infrastructures that allow our students, faculty, and staff to excel
- Infrastructures 86%
As an institution devoted to sustainability, Unity College understands the importance of place. The framework of sustainability science allows the College to improve its support infrastructure on campus in ways that align with Unity’s mission. Unity College will evolve as a living-learning community and a working laboratory for building and living more sustainable lives.
By creating an environment that embodies sustainable values and community connections, through the development of a systemic policy-driven human, technological, physical, and financial infrastructure, the College will contribute to student success, leading to greater financial stability, robust enrollment, and becoming a beacon for the ideal workplace.
It is important to note that much of Unity College’s physical plant is substantially depreciated, and in many cases outdated. However, since 2011, the College has been committed to a minimum spending of $700,000 a year from the operating budget to upgrade and modernize standards. Investment was also committed to technology in order to reach the minimum expectation of our students, faculty, and staff including infrastructure to support distance and graduate programming as well as on-campus education and research. The next evolution is to exceed the minimum requirements needed to maximize the use of technology in the pursuit of sustainability. Data integration and manipulation are critical elements that are lacking to ensure real-time data for making decisions.
Historically, the human infrastructure has been under-resourced, and while major investments have been made to fill critical academic and revenue-generating human infrastructure since 2011, this strategic goal intends to review our human resource in totality to ensure adequate skill, knowledge, and commitment to the mission. Lastly, our financial infrastructure has been manual, paper-based, and cumbersome to analyze readily.
Goal 3 intends to build the comprehensive infrastructure that develops and sustains our faculty, administration, and staff in order to manifest Unity College values. This includes building a diverse community and determining the optimal size, composition and compensation of its faculty, administration, and staff to best position Unity College to meet the educational needs of its students and enable them to achieve their professional goals through the following objectives.
G3: Objective 1: Develop human infrastructure that fully supports all facets of College operations
G3: Objective 2: Develop technological infrastructure that fully supports all facets of College operations
G3: Objective 3: Develop a physical infrastructure that fully supports all facets of College operations
G3: Objective 4: Develop a robust financial and budgeting infrastructure that fully supports all facets of the College operations
G3: OBJECTIVE 1: Develop human infrastructure that fully supports all facets of College operations
- G3: OB1: INITIATIVE 001: Develop a comprehensive sustainable staffing plan to provide support for strategic development of the College 88%
- G3: OB1: INITIATIVE 002: Reorganize the administrative reporting structure to support integration and efficiency 91%
- G3: OB1: INITIATIVE 003: Assess salaries and benefits, and enact a plan to ensure that we are providing competitive, comprehensive compensation to attract and retain the most qualified employees 60%
- G3: OB1: INITIATIVE 004: Align the academic and administrative policies to support the College’s strategic priorities 72%
G3: OBJECTIVE 2: Develop technological infrastructure that fully supports all facets of College operations
- G3: OB2: INITIATIVE 001: Develop an enterprise IT architecture that can respond to changing conditions meet anticipated needs 95%
- G3: OB2: INITIATIVE 002: Eliminate all non-integrated technological systems 100%
- G3: OB2: INITIATIVE 003: Introduce operational efficiencies, strong data management practices, and improve data analysis capabilities through the implementation of appropriate data governance controls 85%
- G3: OB2: INITIATIVE 004: Develop an IT capacity to support online distance learning initiatives 97%
- G3: OB2: INITIATIVE 005: Leverage technology to improve student outcomes through an institutional approach 89%
- G3: OB2: INITIATIVE 006: Implement electronic time keeping system and PTO request and approval process 100%
G3: OBJECTIVE 3: Develop a physical infrastructure that fully supports all facets of College operations
- G3: OB3: INITIATIVE 001: Create a five-year physical space plan that aligns with the strategic plan 100%
- G3: OB3: INITIATIVE 002: Develop a maintenance plan for ongoing repair and renovation of existing spaces 100%
- G3: OB3: INITIATIVE 003: Plan and build new residential spaces to accommodate residential growth 100%
- G3: OB3: INITIATIVE 004: Assess need for academic space and build space to meet the need 100%
- SP 2020 G3: OB3: INITIATIVE 005: Build a new Sustainability Science Learning and Conference Center 5%
- SP 2020 G3: OB3: INITIATIVE 006: Improve grounds and the outdoor environment conducive to sustainability, recruitment, recreation, learning, and reduction of carbon footprint 5%
G3: OBJECTIVE 4: Develop a robust financial and budgeting infrastructure that fully supports all facets of the College operations
- G3: OB4: INITIATIVE 001: Establish a Chief Business Officer, reassess business office function and personnel, and staff appropriately 100%
- G3: OB4: INITIATIVE 002: Implement appropriate automated protocols and self-service billing options, payment options, for student billing, third- party vendors, and other various constituent interfaces, invoicing tuition from third parties 85%
- G3: OB4: INITIATIVE 003: Implement paperless business protocols 41%
- G3: OB4: INITIATIVE 004: Create budget and forecast models that enhance the College’s ability to record, view, analyze, and measure revenues versus expense 73%
- G3: OB4: INITIATIVE 005: Integrate and centralize institutional research and data collection, analysis and reporting, for non-financial reporting 95%
- G3: OB4: INITIATIVE 006: Define and create a strategy for external partnership opportunities 100%