Chief Advancement Officer(CADO)
An executive position with a primary focus on recruitment of students, the Chief Advancement Officer (CADO) leads efforts to recruit students, open new markets, increase national awareness, place graduates, and raise funds for Unity College. The CADO works with senior leadership to establish strategic direction and leads execution of institutional positioning, marketing, recruitment, career services, fundraising, alumni relations, and donor relations and management efforts.
The CADO works with the President and senior leadership to continue to transform Unity College from a college with a strong regional presence to a leading national institution of higher education. The CADO is first among equals for functions like recruitment, marketing, alumni relations, administrative operations, major donor cultivation, planned giving, the annual fund, and development services management.
The successful CADO will provide the college with grounded creativity through proven strategy, data-based decision-making, and industry-disrupting invention. Within the framework of functional leadership, the CADO supports and is supported by other senior-level leaders and works with all constituencies to realize the Unity College Mission and Strategic Plan. The CADO reports to the President.
- Leads recruitment, fundraising, career services, administrative operations, and marketing efforts at Unity College and ensures achievement of institutionally established key-performance-indicators and revenue goals for each.
- Provides support to Chief Officers of Academic Affairs and Student Success to integrate curricular, co-curricular, and residential components into a transformative and developmentally-differentiated living and learning experience through the educational framework of sustainability science.
- Works with the president to develop and execute an integrated recruitment, career services, fundraising and philanthropy, positioning, marketing, and communication plan that advances the institution’s strategic plan and mission, ensures attainment of fundraising and recruitment goals, differentiates Unity College, and increases its national exposure.
- Manages strategic plan initiatives and goals as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Recruitment Specific Functions
- Works with Senior Staff and the Chief Student Success Officer to prepare and execute a comprehensive enrollment management plan that aligns with the Unity College strategic plan and includes a timeline with benchmarks, success metrics, and associated budgets.
- Ensures achievement of annual recruitment targets while managing discount rate within institutionally established thresholds.
- Achieves institutional recruitment goals for core college programs including academic and co-curricular, residential and remote.
- Defers to the president on matters of branding and positioning and works with distance education programs to align institutional branding and recruitment with online marketing and recruitment efforts.
Development Specific Functions
- Coordinates with President and senior leaders to identify emerging college needs and priorities which may require targeted, private fundraising efforts.
- Oversees institutional relationships with potential major donors, including regular communications and ensures stewardship in recognition of donor philanthropy.
- Maintains own prospect portfolio and meets annual goals as set by President.
- Establishes communication and events plans related to fundraising and alumni relations. Provides resources, information, input, and support to marketing and events departments on execution of same.
- Manages annual and special campaigns, corporate and foundation support and reporting, major and planned giving.
- Oversees planning and execution for alumni relations and giving programs designed to maximize alumni support for Unity College.
- Manages and analyzes research for fundraising efforts utilizing donor and prospect database.
Leadership and Administrative Functions
- Provides informed, effective, and collaborative leadership within a model of functional leadership and shared governance.
- Provides supervision and managerial oversight for assigned areas such as marketing, communications, career services, administrative operations, admissions, financial aid, or others as assigned.
- Directly supervises departmental managers in assigned areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the institution’s policies and procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains departmental plans for each supervisory area including goals, measurable outcomes, assessment plan, budget, timeline, and benchmarks for each.
- Establishes business protocols, standards, and procedures for all supervisory areas.
- Advocates for institutional resources to create and maintain high-quality programs and initiatives, and prepares and manages the budget for areas of oversight.
- Manages financial, material, and personnel resources in accordance with governance policies and in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Continually assesses and strengthens all phases of each functional area to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Works to maintain a campus culture of customer service and advocates for student success.
- Represents the college in formal and informal presentations and through networking as needed in related functions as assigned.
- Serves as a member of Senior Staff.
- May serve as staff liaison to a standing committee of the Board of Trustees at the discretion of President.
- Is directly supportive to President and President’s Office in matters related to Board of Trustee relations and business, as needed.
- Supports institutional sustainability initiatives and values as a senior member of the college.
- Contributes to the college’s commitment to safety by using safe work habits, using ergonomics and proper lifting and biohazard protocol as appropriate. Assists other leaders in managing workplace safety. Follows safety and infection control policies and assists other leaders in enforcing them.
- Assumes responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and skills with regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws.
- Serves as a role model for the college’s standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and quality education.
The new B.S. in Sustainable Business Enterprise and Sustainable Master’s of Business Administration expose students to the business world through the school’s distinct sustainability science framework.