Dr. Brian DooreChief Student Success Officer (CSSO)
Dr. Brian Doore serves as the Chief Student Success Officer for the Flagship campus at Unity College. His broad professional focus is to help people make more effective use of data and strategic processes to improve outcomes for students. Specifically, he seeks to lead the improvement of educational and social outcomes for individuals by using information about their progress to inform and improve the quality of instruction, supports, and opportunities they receive. His work currently focuses on student life, athletics, learning supports, co-curricular, health and wellness and first-year course experiences. Professionals in each of these areas work together to provide wrap-around supports for students where they live, work, play, and study.
Prior to his current position, Dr. Doore served as the Director of Assessment for the University of Maine, as the lead evaluator for NSF and USDOE grants as well as a number of Maine Department of Education projects and as a K-12 educator in Utah, Maine, and Alaska. He has also worked as a Resident Assistant, Resident Director, and as an Upward Bound work experience counselor. His community involvement includes service on the Bangor School Committee and the Hermon Mountain Ski Patrol. He lives with his family and their Bernese Mountain Dog Ruth in Bangor.
The Chief Student Success Officer (CSSO) leads student support, life, and retention efforts at Unity College. The CSSO works with senior leadership to establish the strategic direction of the college with regard to student success and retention and works with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and Chief Academic Officer (CAO) to align student success, academic, and marketing/recruitment efforts. The CSSO works with the President and senior leadership to continue to transform Unity College from a college with a strong regional presence to a leading national institutional of higher education. The CSSO provides informed leadership and creative collaboration as Unity College develops a distinctive integrated living and learning educational experience through the educational framework of sustainability science. Within the framework of functional leadership, the CSSO supports and is supported by other senior level leaders and works with all constituencies to realize the Unity College Mission and Strategic Plan. The CSSO reports to the President.
1. Leads student success, retention, persistence and graduation achievement efforts at Unity College and
ensures achievement of institutionally established goals for each.
2. Partners with Chiefs of Academics and Marketing to integrate curricular, co-curricular, and residential
components into a transformative and developmentally-differentiated living and learning experience
through the educational framework of sustainability science.
3. Works with Senior Staff and the CMO to prepare and execute a comprehensive Enrollment Management Plan that aligns with the Unity College Strategic Plan and includes a timeline with benchmarks, success metrics, and associated budgets.
4. Provides supervision and managerial oversight for student success, retention, and student life areas.
5. Directly supervises departmental managers in related areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the institution’s policies and procedures, laws, and regulations.
6. Provides informed, effective, and collaborative leadership within a model of functional leadership and
7. Establishes and maintains departmental plans for each supervisory area including goals, measurable
outcomes, assessment plan, budget, timeline, and benchmarks for each.
8. Establishes business protocols, standards, and procedures for all supervisory areas and works with Data Governance Committee and other campus groups to ensure best practices.
9. Advocates for institutional resources to create and maintain high quality student success programs, and
prepares and manages the budget for areas of oversight.
10. Manages academic financial, material, and personnel resources in accordance with governance policies and in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
11. Continually assesses and strengthens all phases of each functional area to improve processes and
efficiencies and provides oversight of assessment and evaluation of co-curricular programs.
12. Works to maintain a campus culture of customer service and advocates for student success.
13. Represents the college in formal and informal presentations and through networking as needed in
student success related functions.
14. Manages strategic plan initiatives and goals as assigned.
15. Serves as a member of Senior Staff.
16. May serve as staff liaison to a standing committee of the Board of Trustees at the discretion of
17. Supports institutional sustainability initiatives and values as a senior member of the college.
16. Contributes to the college’s commitment to safety by using safe work habits, using ergonomics and
proper lifting and biohazard protocol as appropriate. Assists other leaders in managing workplace
17. Assumes responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and skills with regulations,
industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws.
18. Serves as a role model for the college’s standards of conduct.
19. Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and quality education.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
First among equals for student success, student retention, persistence and graduation, student support, academic support, and co-curricular living and learning.
Statistics show that students who do research during their undergraduate years are more likely to continue with professional education and in STEM fields, and twice as likely to consider continuing on to pursue a Ph.D.
“Recognize Quality & Celebrate Excellence,” that’s the motto of the Unity College Student Conference. The bi-annual conference gives Unity students the opportunity to present professional level material in a supportive environment.