What if your participation in college events and support for students could win a 2 night’s stay at Unity College: Sky Lodge for you and three guests?
Unity College has amazing community building traditions. Whether it’s the Unity College Annual 5K, the Fall Maker’s Market at McKay Farm & Research Station, athletic events, the Environmental Career Fair, or Leonard Craig Art Openings, we encourage faculty and staff to participate in events, represent our institution with guests, and mostly importantly, get to know our students who are on their way to becoming the world’s sustainability leaders.
A 2 night, 3 day package at Unity College: Sky Lodge for up to four guests. The package includes lodging in one of the Sky Lodge Cabins and breakfast for 2 days. Please note that all gratuities, alcohol, and other personal expenses are not covered by the prize.
How to Participate
- Check the list of eligible events and official rules below.
- Attend 10 or more eligible events and swipe your UCard to have one “digital lottery ticket” added to the virtual hat for each event you attend and swipe.
- Points reset each May Commencement. Three winning “tickets” will be randomly drawn in May from the virtual pool of employees who attend 10 or more events.
- Come to May professional development to see who won! The winners will be announced at May professional development.
Each qualifying event will be tagged as such on the Unity College website master calendar. Annual events that qualify on a reoccurring basis include:
- Unity College Night of the Arts
- Veteran’s Day Celebration Event
- Unity Works
- Student Academic Awards Ceremony
- Employee Service Recognition Dinner
- Leonard Craig Art Openings
- Lapping Lecture
- Drama Club Productions
- Unity Chorus Performances
- Fall Maker’s Market at McKay Farm Research Station
- Holidays at Sky Lodge
- Community Meetings
- Student Conferences
- All home club and varsity athletic events
- African American History month events
- Unity’s Got Talent
- Points: Participants must attend at least 10 qualifying events during the participation period in order to be entered into the drawing. Participants who attend less than 10 qualifying events will not be entered into the drawing. Participants who attend 10 qualifying events will receive 10 points entered into the drawing, and will continue to receive an additional point for each additional qualifying event they attend. The drawing will be held on the first work day after May commencement, at which all points will reset to 0. Points begin accumulating for the next period on the second work day after commencement.
- Eligibility: All benefits employees of Unity College (non-student) are eligible to participate by swiping their UCard at qualifying event(s). All participants agree to have their name announced if they win. Employees whose job requires them to work during a specific event are not eligible to receive a point from that event. Direct reports of the President are not eligible to win.
- Proposing New Qualifying Events: Unity College employees who are official college event organizers may submit proposals to this form to suggest any Unity College event qualify for this program. By submitting, employees are indicating their willingness to act as administrator for that event. Qualifying events will typically be: 1) participation optional for most employees, 2) community-building, 3) student-centric, 4) official Unity College events. The list of qualifying events will be maintained by the President’s Office on a rolling basis. Requests to make events eligible for Sky Lottery must be submitted two weeks prior to the event date for consideration.
- Administration: An assigned event administrator will be responsible for ensuring that the card reader is available for swiping by the close of the event. If the electronic reader is not available for a qualifying event, an alternative means of demonstrating attendance will be available.
- Communication: Each qualifying event will be tagged as such on the Unity College website master calendar. Occasional email announcements and other means may be used to share qualifying events.
- Periods: Three tickets will be drawn once per year after which time points in the pool will be reset for the next drawing. One winning ticket is allowed per year, per employee. Drawings will be held anytime during the week after May Commencement and announced at May professional development.
- Redemption: The Sky Lodge Director will determine blackout dates and available times and cabins and will work with winners to plan their vacation. The prize must be redeemed within 1 year of the award.