From: Dr. Brian Doore
To: The Unity College Community
Dear Unity Community,
We would like to share an update on the progress of the F2Y work since last week’s significant announcements about the organization and focus for the next stages of the work. DCI Cartier has been very busy on a number of initiatives, and others in leadership have been in close communication as we work to formalize the new leadership structure.
Updates: DCI Cartier:
• Reached out to faculty members to work on the spring 2019 design team for the Fall 2019-Spring 2020 Expeditionary Learning Experiences (discussions are still underway!)
• Facilitated follow-up discussion with Faculty regarding potential internship collaborators to the F2Y project
• Conducted the second of three planned meetings with faculty who are developing assessment rubrics to support flagship learning outcomes
Updates: CADO Hutchinson:
• Met with DCI Cartier, K. Higgins, and R. Largen to discuss the development of a practicum handbook template to guide the development of internship and field-based experiences for students
• Formalize membership on F2Y implementation project teams
• Move approval of team structure to Senior Staff for review and approval
• Populate members of remaining project implementation teams
• Ron Mahurin to conduct interviews with potential partners during the month of November
As always, feel free to reach out with any questions or feedback.