Foundation AssumptionsBuilding a Beacon Strategic Plan 2014-2018 Archive
Building a Beacon Strategic Plan 2014-2018 Archive
- Our distinctive market niche is central to the College’s value proposition.
- The market for Unity College’s mission is the world, and primarily the United States beyond Maine.
- While offering a shrinking pool of students, Maine is an integral part of the Unity College brand and will continue to be an important source of philanthropy and enrollment.
- Academics, student life, and student success are the primary determinants of the Unity College value proposition.
- Robust marketing is vital to drive the primary sources of revenue: enrollment and development.
- Distance programming will continue to expand as a means of delivery for higher education.
- The Unity College market niche is rapidly growing nationally.
- Nontraditional students will make up an increasing proportion of the higher education student body over the coming decades.
- The demand for graduate programming in our niche is growing rapidly.
- Excellent facilities will be a major determinant of increasing residential enrollment and are essential to the external image of the College.
- For the near to intermediate future, facilities will continue to be a major determinant of on- campus student recruitment and will create a distinctive brand for our distance programs.
- The liberal arts model is a foundation for prosocial development and is necessary for environmental programming.
- The transdisciplinary delivery model is superior to traditional pedagogy for our mission.